Sunday 20 May 2012

Cafe Blah Blahh, Hunstanton, Norfolk

This is for those of you who haven't yet discovered the fabulous new cafe that has opened up in Hunstanton. It is run by Andrew and Jamie, who combine their fantastic cooking with their wonderful interior design. I paid them a visit a couple of weeks ago, and somehow ended up offering to knit some Union Jack bunting for their shop! As you can see from the picture here on the left, their theme IS Union Jacks, oh, and cup cakes too.

If you've been following the story of my bunting, you'll know I was having a lot of trouble with Union Jacks. I'd bought a pattern online, and had tried several times to knit from the pattern, without a lot of success. Welllll....I had a brainwave, knit the upright red cross on a blue background, THEN chain stitch the red diagonal cross, and the white edges around each cross. Eureka. It worked!! I have now finished three of them, all slightly different as I'm amending slightly as I go along... BUT, I think they are very presentable. And I hope Cafe Blah Blahh agree with me ;-)


2 comments:

Sheila Khan said...

they look great Sheila, well done!

Café Blah Blahh... said...

We are delighted !!

They are fantastic!

What a lovely lady you are, Sheila
:-D